June 18, 2015

Firefly Globe

There is a place in my hometown that is one of my favorite places on the planet. That's a lofty thing to say, seeing as how I haven't been to every place on the planet. No matter. Take a short drive into the lazy, rolling hills in the country. Drive down a stretch of road, trees to your left, long stretching fields to your right. Drive over a cement bridge over a river and on the other side is an opening in the trees. Once you cross this opening you are in a huge, circular field, that is completely encased in trees. You can hear the river on the other side, and as night falls in your little firefly globe, you hear the owls, and the cicadas, coyotes, and nothing else. You see more stars than you can comprehend and as the sky darkens, the fireflies fill the field. There are more than you've probably ever seen in your life at one time. It's mesmerizing and beautiful and you feel like you are in another world for a night.
 photo jillian_zps989fd8cc.jpeg

1 comment:

  1. Sooooo, my friends and I tried to visit Imagine That last Friday but they weren't open. Wish I could have checked out that art in the loop event, but I had soccer tickets that night. Hope we can run into each other on the bus again sometime soon, Bye Bye Bear...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!