October 26, 2014

The Year of the Youngbird

Outfit: Top - Thrifted, Skirt - F21, Shoes - Minnetonka, Rings - Gifted, Thrifted, and Traveled

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."
- George Eliot

I stole myself away into the woods today. The air was delicious, the leaves fell from the trees like confetti and the sun was warm and comforting. I stayed in the woods for a long time, just listening. Finally I shot this outfit post. It's been so long since I've shot an outfit, it was nice to get back into a job I used to do and love on a regular basis. 

My birthday is next month and so I've decided to declare the next year of my life the Year of the Youngbird, because I plan to appreciate all that I have to appreciate, kick ass at as many things as I can, control only what I can control and (try to) not fret about the rest. I have a lot of big things coming up that I want to conquer and I can't let stress, hurt feelings, or uncontrollable circumstances get in the way.

 photo jillian_zps989fd8cc.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a little note!