September 22, 2014

Hurt Bird

I completely forgot to make this post awhile back. I was in my backyard watering the garden when I heard a loud "THUMP!" on my fence. I turned around and saw a tiny bird gasping for air and shaking. It obviously hit the fence hard and seemed dazed. I didn't stand up for awhile. Me and my pathetically sensitive 8-year-old heart broke and I started crying. I ran to get it water, not knowing whether that would even help. One of it's wings was turned in an odd direction and I thought it had broken it. I picked it up and tried as gently as I could to turn its wing back in the right direction. It made a painful squeak, and I cried harder. 
Jiminy Christmas...
But I saw with it for 35 minutes and finally it drank some water and eventually flew off, but before it left, it landed on the fence, looked at me, gave the tiniest of chirps and then flew away. 

I relate a lot to that little bird that flew into the fence.
 photo jillian_zps989fd8cc.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a little note!