December 18, 2013

Scumbag Brain

Photo taken in a field on the way to Springfield, MO.

It's currently 7am. I've been awake since 5am. It's just been one of those nights where my brain won't shut down no matter how much I try. I look at the clock and it says 1am and I say to myself 
"Ok, if you fall asleep right now you'll still get 7 hours of sleep."
3am
"Ok, if you fall asleep right now, you'll still get 5 hours of sleep."
5am
"If you fall asleep now you'll still get 3 hours of sleep....Ok, I give up."
So I read a little bit, I wrote down some things I was thinking and now I'm here. My brain wouldn't shut down because I've been very stressed out about a few things in my life. For some reason, instead of coming up with solutions to these problems (which I've pretty much done, it's just a matter of putting them into action) and moving on, my brain feels it necessary to go over the problems, and then over the solutions approximately 7 billion times. I often times have arguments with my brain.
"Ok, Brain! I get it, ok? Yes, I know that I need to go to this place tomorrow! Haven't I said I would every time we've gone over this for the past 3 hours?"
But alas, my brain doesn't listen. But I'm hoping that writing out a little about how my crazy brain works will help me move on and have a (somewhat) stress-free day. Hopefully, I'm not the only one who has to deal with a Scumbag Brain like this. 
Have a fantastic day, everyone!
 photo jillian_zps989fd8cc.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a little note!