December 09, 2013

Polaroids


Over the past few months I've become obsessed with Polaroids. I don't even want to think about the amount of money I've spent on the film since I started, but somehow it seems worth it.

I remember having a Polaroid when I was a kid, even one those little Polaroid i-zone cameras that printed tiny photos. I took pictures like it was going out of style (no pun intended). It was so cheap and accessible then. Now trying to find film is more difficult and more costly. 

When Polaroid went out of business a group of employees started the Impossible Project. They bought the equipment from the last factory that produced Polaroid film. But they had to come up with a completely new formula for making the film. The film can be a little unpredictable, but the images often turn out beautifully. It's such a priceless thing; to have a one-of-a-kind high quality print within just a few minutes.

I shot a wedding in Austin this past weekend and shot a pack of Polaroid film and I can't wait to show you those images. I am now going to start offering Polaroids as an ad-on to any engagement shoot or wedding! If you are looking for a photographer and would like Polaroids added into your package, send me an email! I am willing to travel anywhere.
youngbirdart@yahoo.com

 photo jillian_zps989fd8cc.jpeg

2 comments:

  1. These pictures turned out great, Jillian! They have such as great vintage look to them. And I think that adding a Polaroid option to your wedding packages is a fantastic idea that couples should totally take advantage of!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so hauntingly beautiful! Cody has a few Polaroid cameras in his camera collection and, as part of my 2014 goal to actually utilize his collection and learn more about photography in the process, i may have to purchase some film and have a go at it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!