November 01, 2013

Golden Antlers DIY


I recently got a new roommate and he brought with him a beautiful antique couch. I've been playing around with the walls above said couch trying to come up with an awesome display. It's not quite there yet, but I did add these golden antlers to try to take the wall into the 3rd dimension!
Want to make your own?
All you need is a wood plaque which you can get on the cheap at any craft store, some Sculpt-It, a drill, hot glue and gold (or any color of your choice) spray paint.

Drill two large holes into your plaque where you want your antlers to go. Then sculpt your antlers, making sure they are able to fit easily into the holes you drilled. Follow the instructions on the Sculpt-It for baking the antlers and then hot glue them into your holes. Then when the whole thing is assembled, spray paint it! Bam! Brand new wall decor.

I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween and don't have too many candy-induced belly aches. :)

 photo jillian_zps989fd8cc.jpeg

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about making some of these! My office/closet/boudoir is under the eaves of the house, so I have a slanted wall, but it still needs something pretty! I was going to hang necklaces from the antlers! Great DIY!

    : signe : the daily savant :
    : blogspot
    : bloglovin

    Feather Ring Set Giveaway
    African Turquoise Pendant Giveaway
    Mint Green Bead Bracelet Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, i am in love with this diy! i am totally going to try this out sometime soon. i also love your living and that couch.. so jealous!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!