October 18, 2013

Remembering and Forgetting

So I hadn't talked about this yet, because I wasn't quite ready to, but this past weekend, after shooting my second wedding two days in a row, I got in my car to leave, exhausted and ready to sleep. I normally take my phone with me during weddings so I can check the time, but I had accidentally left it in my car this time. I checked my phone. It was a little passed 9pm and I noticed I had gotten about 7 text messages and a ton of missed calls. Most people that knew me well enough to call me, knew I was shooting a wedding that day, so as soon as I saw that, I just knew something bad must have happened. I had gotten the call that my grandpa had passed away. I was obviously sad, but he was a fighter and he had fought a long while before this; I was somewhat prepared for it. What I wasn't prepared for was the guilt I felt that I was so far away from my family, unable to help them through this difficult time...
I chose these two images for this post (from a camping trip earlier this Summer), because I felt they reflected such a wonderful, fleeting moment. Something that gives you such joy as a child, but really, (even if you don't want to admit it) is the same feeling you have as an adult. And those moments are often few and far between. And that's what I think life is all about. Those few somewhat insignificant moments that mean everything.
So go blow some bubbles, people! Or anything you can do to make yourself and others around you happy while you're here.
 photo jillian_zps989fd8cc.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a little note!