August 22, 2013

On Being Fearless...


Fearlessness
It's a word you might hear in some action hero movie about the guy walking away from an explosion in slow motion with a stoic face, but is it even a real word? Yes, in the sense that it is in the dictionary and has a definition, but as an experience, I would argue, no.

There are so many things in life that cause you to feel fear. 
New experiences, a thunderstorm, a lion attacking your face...

But let's focus on the new experiences part of that. There are so many things in life you have to face. Many of those things are so foreign that it terrifies you to even consider them. But if you have a gut feeling that you should dive headfirst and then you do, I think that's where you achieve fearlessness.
The word has nothing to do with whether you feel fear or not. It's how you handle that fear. 
Move forward. That is where your fearless spirit lives.

I don't know what made me think of this today, but it's been rattling around my brain and I had to share.
Happy Thursday, my dears!
 photo jillian_zps989fd8cc.jpeg

Keep up with us on...

2 comments:

  1. Adore. You rule this world, miss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to face your fears in order to really experience life don't you?

    http://heidiswanderings.blogspot.com/2013/08/italian-beef-stew.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!