August 16, 2013

Big Changes

Ok, so I've gone through a lot of changes recently, personally, professionally, and with my art. 
And this has caused me to feel a shift in the way I think about this blog. When I started this blog, it was primarily a DIY/Fashion blog that had a large emphasis on knitting and crocheting, hence the Thread part of Epic Thread. I still knit and crochet of course, but I am hoping to start sharing much more of my art with you as well.

My art is a very personal thing for me. As much as I want people to see it, it's also nerve-wracking for me to share it with people. Every piece of art I make is like putting a part of my soul out there in paint, ink, or charcoal for the world to see. 
Like an artsy horcrux without all of that nasty murder business.
So with it being such a personal thing for me, I felt I needed to take this blog in a direction that feels more honest. So I present to you the future name of this blog...
Youngbird!
Now, I don't want you to worry, the content of this blog will remain essentially the same. Outfit posts and DIY's galore! But there will be an increase in the amount of art I share with you as well.
I wanted to post this so that it wasn't a complete shock when the changes are made and also, I wanted to you your input on the change. Do you like it? Are you looking forward to me sharing more of my art, or would rather the blog stay the same. Your opinions matter so much to me, dear readers!

 photo jillian_zps989fd8cc.jpeg
Keep up with us on...

3 comments:

  1. I would love to see more of your art! I have loved what you have shared so far on your blog. I would also really like to see some prints in the etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really great name! I can't wait to see all of the exciting changes!

    www.edeltherese.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!