June 18, 2013

Storm in West Bottoms

This past weekend was a complete storm. Literally and figuratively. I had a four day weekend and every day of it was phenomenal. I went to see Ha Ha Tonka unexpectedly on Friday night, Saturday I helped a friend move stuff into his new art studio, Sunday I saw Father John Misty, which was...well beyond fun. And yesterday, I relaxed and did some art. Couldn't have asked for a better weekend and it was just what I needed. 

One of the most awesome parts of the weekend was a crazy storm we encountered. The sky became dark within a few minutes. The sky was this amazing color of blue and my friend described it as looking like the sky was under water, which I thought was spot on. After a few minutes of darkness, a crazy dust storm started and made the West Bottoms look like some sort of post-apocalyptic wasteland. Once I started driving I ended up having to pull over for several minutes because the rain was coming down so hard I couldn't even see. This might sound awful to some people, but thunderstorms are one of my favorite parts of Summer and they get me so excited!
They always really make me appreciate the Earth that I live on. It is unpredictable, beautiful and dangerous. Three of the best qualities...

So this was a few images I was able to snap before the storm got really bad. 
Hope you all are having a wonderful Monday!
 photo jillian_zps989fd8cc.jpeg
Keep up with us on...

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had such a great weekend! We've been having some crazy weather here in the Northeast, too.

    Melissa
    http://wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The storm came through Philadelphia earlier in the day and boy, wasn't it intense. It came and passed within 20 minutes but your word apocolyptic looking would be the best way to describe it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the photos! This is why I find cloudy/stormy skies so much more enjoyable than day after day of plain blue skies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!