June 25, 2013

My Job is Better than Your Job

Anyone who follows the blog on a regular basis knows about my job, but for those of you who don't, I work at a non-profit art studio that supports artists with developmental disabilities. It is the best job I have ever had. So good that I'm pretty sure that I am ruined for life when it comes to any future jobs. 
 I get to doodle with the artists all day...
 I get my shirts water color-dyed and my face painted...
 We get to go to art museums...
The artists make us awesome things like rings and hats...
 We have awesome parties...
And they make amazing art!

I love being an artist and a photographer and that is something I plan to be for the rest of my life. But there are few things more gratifying than working with the people that I work with. They are creative, intelligent, hilarious and just good people. 
My mom raised me to be non-judgemental, and I have people in my family with autism and aspergers, so it is nothing new to me. But this job has taught me even more that every person is valuable and I am truly humbled and fortunate to be able to work with such amazing people.
 photo jillian_zps989fd8cc.jpeg

5 comments:

  1. wow, i didn't know about your job! it sounds so wonderful and rewarding, i would love this job if it was mine as well.
    i am minoring in special education and i have a few more art studies in the classroom courses, i will keep your work in mind for any papers or research for those classes. i feel like i could learn so much from here!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! If you ever have any questions about it, let me know! It's so much fun.

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a great post! How sweet...what a great job. Good for your Mom bringing you up right. It's so nice to be able to connect with people like that. SO SO nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you truly do have the best job! Something you love so much and working with such amazing people.
    Enjoy it, you are so lucky to get to do what you love every day.

    Pia
    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're job sounds awesome! When I was really young my mom worked with people with disabilities and I really loved helping her out when I could. The people were so nice and friendly, and it meant a lot to me to help them and just spend time hanging out with them. It really shows how much you love your job, and it looks like y'all are having a ton of fun! :)

    xo. Mandy
    www.missindieblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!