June 22, 2013

If I Could, I'd Split Myself in Two...

...so that half of me could live in the desert and half could live in the forest...
I have been arting up a storm lately, which feels amazing, since I had recently gone through a bit of an art slump. I started drawing this a couple of weeks ago and in all, it took just over 20 hours to complete. The entire piece is done with ultra-fine sharpie, graphite and a little india ink on 30x42 posterboard. 
There are a few things about this piece I'm a little disappointed with, like the fact that some of the circles I drew are not symmetrical since I drew them free-hand. But overall I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out. And that I was able to finish! It felt as though there was no end in sight there for a bit.

Now it's time to do some more painting today. I'm also really considering buying a welder soon so I can do some sculptures...hmm.

Happy Creative Saturday, dearies!

 photo jillian_zps989fd8cc.jpeg
Keep up with us on...

3 comments:

  1. These are incredible! I'm personally torn between the mountains and the beach.

    Melissa
    http://wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty freaking impressive!! Especially love how the geometric mountains are reflected in the skull. The delicateness of the starry sky is really beautiful as well... Yep, I'm officially jealous of your talent!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!