May 24, 2013

Taum Sauk Mountain


This past weekend, I had the opportunity to see a few places I hadn't been, which is always welcome. I went to Taum Sauk Mountain, Johnson Shut-In's, and Elephant Rocks (where I got to do some yoga at Sunrise), a few state parks in Southwestern Missouri. It was absolutely beautiful, exhausting and...not very well planned. But sometimes those are the best trips. We got lost on one of the trails, didn't have enough time to make it to the waterfall we were after, and ran out of water with 3 hours left in our hike. Whoops! But I feel like all of my best trips are the ones where things go wrong. What stories can you really tell about the ones that go exactly as planned?

 photo jillian_zps989fd8cc.jpeg
Keep up with us on...

4 comments:

  1. Wow these photos are absolutely gorgeous!
    www.cheersandcosmos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I like the landscape photos! :D I am a fan of unplanned adventures they are surely fun but tiring and scary esp when you get lost. But totally worth it. Definitely something you can remember years from now. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!