April 20, 2013

Woodland Creatures

I had so much fun with Megan from the Nautical Owl on our last blog day. Megan has always had a little obsession with owls and me...well,  you get the idea. We fancy ourselves some woodland creatures at heart. I know I always feel more comfortable in nature than anywhere else, so this was a great collaboration for me. I loved creating the double exposures for this project and hope you enjoy them, too!

I havent' said a lot about it on the blog, but yesterday I had to go into a little surgery to get some ovarian cysts removed, so I'm in a little bit of pain today, but I'm excited because today is my awesome husband's birthday party and we are going to play wiffle ball (well, I'll most likely just be watching.) in the park and do some grilling. 
Wishing you all a happy Saturday!

Oh, and PS, our blog day's here in Kansas City seem to be growing. If you are a blogger in the KC area and would like to participate in our May blog day, shoot me an email at epicthreadkc@yahoo.com.

 photo jillian_zps989fd8cc.jpeg
Keep up with us on...

8 comments:

  1. First of all, thank you bunches for stopping by my blog darling!
    I really dig the concept of this whole shoot, and the double exposures turned out great, congratulations :)

    May blog day sounds awesome, too bad I'm at the other side of the big puddle. But let me know if you want to follow each other, I'd be delighted to.
    Take care xxxx
    La vie en low-cost

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this,the idea was great!!! Woodland creatures...you guys surely did awesome embodying the spirit of woodland creatures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this little shoot that you guys did! the masks are so neat.. and not just for halloween!
    i am rather excited to meet up with both of you for a "may blog day", it should be so much fun. i have been finding many other local bloggers recently too!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I seriously LOVE your blog design!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful mask, I love how artsy this photoshoot it, I really appreciate the effort! I'm a huge fan of fashion escapism as well, it's just fun to be a lil vain and enjoy aesthetics! <3 So glad I clicked on your comment that led me back to your blog, your posts' contents are info and image juicy so expect to be seeing some regular comments from me. Btw, I just posted my fun layering look with a jumpsuit underneath and a Céline stingray box bag just in case you're into quirky accessories! Do tell me if I have successfully PROVOKED you ;)

    xx The Provoker
    http://www.the-provoker.com/2013/04/joys-of-jumpsuits.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures! Very different and unique.


    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the photography effects in these photos! Currently saw a photoshop tutorial on how to do this definitely going to implement it in my photography. Btw thanks for the kind words on my blog:) Love the ambiance of your site!

    Charm Kindred SpiritBringing love of vintage fashion, my photography and Diy trinkets to the free spirited at heart.


    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!