April 11, 2013

Self Portrait

I've been working on my 365 portrait project with my camera (although not posting them at the moment), but I decided I also need to put my painting skills to work on this every now and then. I will admit, portrait painting is not my strong suit. I've always been much better at drawing portraits and abstract painting, but if you want to get better at something, you have to give it a go, eh? So I plan to do at least one portrait painting a month, maybe not always of myself, but I need to start practicing more. Any portrait painters out there have any tips for me?
 photo jillian_zps989fd8cc.jpeg
Keep up with us on...

6 comments:

  1. I don't paint (for lack of skill, not lack of interest) but this is awesome! You have such an amazing talent, Jillian! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I have ZERO talent when it comes to things like that.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing, it looks great!

    andrea-herinfinitevariety.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! This is brilliant! You are very skilled actually.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!