April 03, 2013

More Mix Ups

I've felt a little lost lately. It's not something I openly talking about in normal circumstances, because I don't ever like people thinking I'm 1) Feeling sorry for myself or 2) Trying to get others to feel bad for me. I also don't usually like to use this space to vent, but every now and then, maybe it's necessary.

The women in my family have dealt with clinical depression for as long as I can remember and I struggle with it at times as well. I think it's mostly seasonal, because in the Spring, Summer and Fall, I am usually perfectly fine. But by the end of Winter every year I feel...the only word I can ever think to describe it is lost. Like I am wondering without purpose and struggling to find purpose. Maybe it's because I can't be out in nature, or I'm not getting enough Vitamin D...I don't know.

 But now that Spring is here, I am staying optimistic. I have focused on making plans for the Summer, whether that be camping or photo shoots and trying to purge my feelings onto canvas.

Sorry for the down day. Does anyone else feel drained by the Winter or struggle with depression in general? How do you deal, what inspires you to feel better?

 photo jillian_zps989fd8cc.jpeg
Keep up with us on...

17 comments:

  1. Living in Portland, I can totally relate with the winter blues. I need my sun therapy and Vitamin D!
    I also struggle with what to share with my blog followers but I think there are times when we need to show our vulnerable sides. Simply because there is a whole network of wonderful and supportive people who are possibly going through the same thing and can relate. It always makes me feel better knowing that no matter how lost I may feel at times, I am not alone. And neither are you...This will pass, stay positive. Sending love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Alice. That seriously means a lot to me. And yes, I'm glad I'm not alone.

      Delete
  2. You are allowed to feel down - never, ever apologize for it! My fingers are crossed that spring is here for good now too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle with depression often. I find that it happens when I am not feeling productive, but sometimes it hits at the most random times.I don't really know how to tackle it yet.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jilian,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I had to come over and take a peek. Loved being here, I am your newest follower. Your blog is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i feel like spring and summer make everyone just a little more optimistic, you finally get some warm sun on your skin! usually when i feel down, i just try and stay super productive and make many lists for myself!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course, we all have down days! We are human after all!
    I'm so sick of this terribly long winter this year! Craving for some fresh
    air, sunshine and greenery!
    Don't worry , we are almost there!
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blog! I like it totally.
    Your pictures are wonderful.

    Love,
    Franzi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photos! I get down in the winter too, I usually feel a little but like a grizzly bear trapped in a humans body(if that makes any sense;) So glad spring is on it's way in and I hope it brings you so much joy lady!!

    xx
    MacK @ SoulMakes Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all beautiful photos! Looking at them felt so soothing. When I get a little down, I pray...I know that sounds a little cheesy but it's true..God always listens. Again beautiful blog. I'm your newest follower

    Have a lovely Day

    http://missrenaaye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This photos are so amazing, great job!
    Your blog is so cute, I'm a new follower for sure! :)

    SHE WALKS Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos! Thanks for all the comments on my blog, just followed you. Looking forward to your gorgeous photos and posts!

    xoxo
    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your photos
    and they do tell stories.
    Just be optimistic and carry on.
    You're so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  13. these images are beautiful!
    (ps.. i cant reply to your comment cuz your email isnt linked :( but i got a 50mm f/1.4 lens :))

    -Christa @Young&Restless Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pictures are amazing.

    And yes, people feel down every once in a while. It's good to vent sometimes. Letting it out helps.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel the same way the end of winter, too. It's still pretty much freezing here (Michigan)...today it was pouring rain, no sun for days...I'm losing my mind!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!