April 24, 2013

Art in my Backyard

When I was at the Kansas City Art Institute, I used to walk over to the Nelson Atkins almost daily. I would sit and draw statues, or write papers about works there, just walk around there between classes. But since I'm no longer within walking distance I don't go as often and sometimes I forget what an amazing art museum Kansas City has. Although, I shouldn't use that as an excuse, since I'm only a 3 minute drive, now. We went a few days ago for the Chinese landscape exhibit, which was stunning. And we didn't even realize that after they put it up on April 28th, they will be storing it for 10 years! So if you live in Kansas City or are just passing through before then, I definitely suggest going to see it.
 photo jillian_zps989fd8cc.jpeg

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    Love museums!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love unique art exhibits. So wonderful.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures :) your blog is so beautiful.

    Thanks for your comment over on mine. It's funny, 'control the controllables' is what my mum keeps saying to me. Very wise words :) xoxo

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure do need to visit this place again. Perhaps this can be our location of May blog day?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning this write-up and the rest of the website is really good.



    Also visit my page: inquiry

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely blog!
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm dying to visit an art gallery or museum. I haven't been to one in soooo long and I miss being wowed by all the amazing work. You're very lucky to live so close to such a great place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ART ART ART = LOVE OF MY LIFE!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!