March 09, 2013

Getting Volume When You Have Thin Hair


When you have fairly thin, super straight hair, it can be hard to get the volume you want. I also don't like making a hornets nest out of my head with back-combing. It's a mess to brush out. Lucky me, I have a husband in the hair industry, and he brings me home the best products. Here's three that I highly recommend for those of you looking for a little extra umph.

Davines No. 14 Sea Salt Primer
From the Davines website: Gives texture and lots of volume to hair, as well as some control: for that casual uncombed look with the dry and full body effect typical of beach hair.

This stuff is awesome. You can use it on wet or dry hair to get beach waves, or big curls. I usually spray it all over and at the roots before blow drying.
Active Ingredient: Sea Salt

Eufora Volume Fusion Spray
From the Eufora website: Frustrated trying to get a little bit of hair to look like a lot? Do you work hard to get it full only to have it flat an hour later? Let Volume Fusion bring life to your limp hair and keep it full all day long.

I love this stuff. I use it almost every time I blow dry my hair. Spray it mid-way through the drying process all over and at the roots. Lots 'O Volume!
Ingredients include good stuff like Aloe Leaf Juice, Chestnut Seed Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract and Henna Extract.

Eufora Powder Lift
From Eufora's Website: Powder Lift uses unique technology that turns liquid into powder then back into liquid during use. Provides great lift at the roots while leaving hair feeling and looking thicker.

Ok, so I have no idea what sort of black magic they call technology, but this stuff is seriously amazing.
Sprinkle some under your hair at the roots and then scrunch your hair a bit. This stuff will give you Texas-big hair in seconds and there is very little styling required to get the volume you want.

Don't forget to enter the giveaway from Shabby Apple to win a $50.00 gift card!

 photo jillian_zps989fd8cc.jpeg
Keep up with us on...

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful white dress, lovely photography! I just came across your blog and I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & if you like, following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very helpful!
    Thanls for sharing!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I seriously needed this when I did my hair TODAY! I'm always looking for more volume, so I appreciate this post and will be trying this ASAP!!! You blog is fabulous by the way! I love the design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!