January 28, 2013

Life Lately

Life has been good lately. I haven't done a little update like this in awhile, so here goes...

About 3 months ago, I started a new part-time job that I've fallen absolutely in love with. I'm working at a non-profit art studio that teaches art to developmentally disabled individuals and every single one of them is just the sweetest. Every day is something new and fun, and it is teaching me a lot as well.

Since I've been working in the studio, my creative juices have been flowing nearly non-stop and I've gotten a lot of my own art work done lately. As much as I love running this blog and doing DIY projects for it, it will never compare to the love I have for making art. Art that is mine. Art that, even if others don't understand, or even like, it doesn't matter, because it's my expression. It's a good feeling.

For anyone that has read the blog for sometime, you know that I have dealt with PCOS for almost 5 years now. My last option (I thought) was surgery, which I absolutely did not want to do for many reasons. So I did research on ways to fix the problem on my own. I didn't know if it could be done, but I was determined to try. All the research I found came back around to diet. So I started with a vegan week that I talked about on the blog. Then a friend told me about an alkaline diet, which is an idea that avoiding things like meat, poulty, dairy and citrus can help balance the pH levels of your body, which in turn can do things like help your body fight disease, can help prevent cancer and some have said can even stop the growth of cancer.

Long story short, I've been sticking with diet as best I can since the vegan week and happy surprise, my condition is slowly starting to reverse itself. I won't go into the personal details, but I am thrilled to see that it might be possible to get rid of these cysts all on my own.

Phew! I don't normally ramble on this much on my posts, so I'll call it good for now. As always, thanks for listening and for your support!
xoxo - Jillian


Keep up with us on...

1 comment:

  1. Your kitty is oh so handsome!

    http://nauticalowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!