January 16, 2013

Homemade Vegan Burger

 I've been working on my diet for quite awhile now and I wanted to try to make my own black bean burger. It turned out very tasty, but if you try to make this, I do warn you, there is a little prep time involved and it can get a tad messy.

Here's what you'll need:
Extra Firm Tofu
1 can of black beans
Red and Green bell peppers
Half an onion
Mushrooms
Jalepenos
Panko Bread Crumbs (this ingredient depends on how dense you want your burgers)

The first thing you'll need to do, is put your slices of tofu on a grill to remove all of the moisture. This can take anywhere from 15-20 minutes. Once your tofu is dried out, you'll need to tear it up. Put all of your ingredients into a food processor or blender. You may have to make a few attempts to get it at the right consistency, adding in more bread crumbs if you need to. Once you have your mixture at the right consistency, get your grill hot and cook your burgers about 8 minutes on each side.
Top with some vegan cheese and what ever veggies you'd like and you have yourself a tasty burger!


Keep up with us on...

1 comment:

  1. This sounds hard. Lol, I've never tried to get the moisture out of tofu before... usually I just fry it up. Looks delicious though.
    xo
    Taylor
    http://nothingbutapigeon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!