December 04, 2012

Spicy Sweet Potato Burgers

I don't usually post a lot of food posts, but since I'm doing this vegan week, I think posting about it might help me stay on track. So the first recipe I tried for my vegan week diet was this sweet potato burger. It turned out really tasty!

Here's what you need:
1 Sweet potato
1/3 block extra firm tofu
Panko Bread Crumbs
Sriracha to taste
Rosemary, Thyme, Salt, Pepper to taste
Vegan Bread

Boil your sweet potato until soft enough to mash. Preheat oven to 375. Mix the sweet potato, tofu and spices and mash them together. Make patties, and roll in the bread crumbs. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Then top with what you would like! I put avocado, mushrooms, green peppers and lettuce. Yum!
Hopefully the rest of my recipes turn out alright!
xoxo - Jillian

Keep up with us on...

5 comments:

  1. Those look great! I love vegan recipies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I could go that far. I love dairy! Although, I can't eat much of it, I don't think I could give it up completely. Good luck!

    nauticalowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm that looks delicious! Love the new look. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks delicious!! thanks for sharing your recipe with us :)
    i'm interested in following you on your 1-week vegan journey. lol.

    - sarah -
    www.xliciousgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing! I've been vegan for over a year and I love it!

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!