December 08, 2012

Burlap Wrapped Gifts

So you've probably noticed my overload on burlap lately, but I can't help myself. Oh well, what can you do?

My grandmother used to talk about how every year her mother would spend a whole day wrapping gifts in the most beautiful ways. She used fabrics and leather and all sorts of interesting and pretty things. And every time she told me about it, she said that was one of the things she missed most about her mother. She put so much effort into making these gifts look so beautiful, that my grandmother didn't even want to open them sometimes. I always loved hearing that story every year.
So I've been experimenting with different materials I can use to make my gifts that much more special. For this gift I used a brown pin-striped paper, that is almost like a paper bag material, and then wrapped it with burlap and used a leather strip to tie it all together. I'm going to try some other materials for the rest of the gifts I wrap and most likely share them on the blog.
Have any of you done some unique wrapping? What did you use?
xoxo - Jillian

Keep up with us on...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a little note!