November 02, 2012

Wooden Scrapbook

So I really wanted to make one of these for a wedding book, but...I haven't even printed any of my wedding photos yet! How sad is that. It's amazing that I've waited over a year. Sheesh. I'll get them soon, though. But I figured I'd make one as practice first, that way when I make one for my wedding photos, I can improve on this first attempt.
So for this, all you need is two square blocks of wood, I got these at Hobby Lobby. Then you can use just about any kind of paper that you would like for the inside. Glue the edges of your sheets together and let that dry. Once they are dry, drill holes through the blocks of wood and through the sheets of papper. I then wood-burned a design into the front, but you could paint it, carve it, whatever you want. Then take a piece of leather strip and run through the drilled holes, leaving some slack so that you can easily open it. Glue or tape your photos on the inside and then set it somewhere that it can be displayed.
What do you think? How would you design your own wooden scrapbook?
xoxo - Jillian

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful! It's make a lovely wedding book. I like how this one looks. I also am crazy about geometric patterns right now, so I'd probably do that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!