October 02, 2012

Patched Jean Jacket

So I've been anti-jean jacket for the longest time. I hadn't worn one since I was probably 10 and I didn't expect to wear one anytime soon. But I've found myself growing fonder and fonder of them. I see people do amazing things with theirs on Pinterest and finally decided I needed one. I'd try it out and if I didn't like it, I'd get rid of it. Luckily, I didn't even have to shop for one. My friend Megan picked one up at the thrift store and it was the perfect size for me, so she gifted it. So I got this material, cut out a square in the back and then stitched it in. And I was pleasantly surprised. I wore it out for a night, and I actually really liked it. I walked around feeling almost ashamed for awhile, not knowing whether I could pull it off or not, and honestly, I don't know if I actually did, but I'm going to pretend.
Would you wear your own jean jacket?
xoxo - Jillian

Keep up with us on...

5 comments:

  1. This is genious. What a great way to style up your jeans jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I also used to hate jean jackets, but I found an oversized denim shirt at the thrift store and fell in love with it.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's really cute!
    Good idea.

    wordsfromdusti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I've been wanting to buy a jean jacket and replace some areas with black lace.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!