October 24, 2012

Let's Talk Motivation

So, for the past week or so, I've experienced something I haven't experienced (especially at this intensity) in a very long time. A severe lack of motivation. Maybe all you loyal readers have even noticed the low number of DIY's lately.

I'm usually the kind of person that must be moving around, doing something (at least semi-productive) at all times. When I'm not working on projects, I get stir crazy. But this past week has been a serious struggle. I don't know where exactly this feeling is coming from, or why, but it is extremely frustrating when you still have the want to get things done, but you don't have the drive.

My husband is going to San Diego over a long work weekend and I'm going to take this opportunity to get myself back on track. I'm not sure how I'll do that yet, but maybe it's a matter of just forcing myself to get things done until I'm back in the habit.
Have any of you ever felt this way? How did you regain your motivation?
xoxo - Jillian

5 comments:

  1. I have zero motivation either! I blame it on Fall. I just want to get cozy and watch movies. I find that if I let myself have the time to do nothing, I get motivated again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that's what it is! Cooler weather always makes me want to just eat soup in a blanket on the couch. Good point though. Maybe my body is telling me I need to just stop being busy for a minute.
      - Jillian

      Delete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. I'm in the middle of the same kind of funk myself. I'm currently in the process of trying to flood myself with positivity, in hopes of who knows what.

    If you find a solution, please share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! Negative thoughts won't get you anywhere.

      Delete
  3. When in doubt, do something that makes you happy. And that can be anything; taking a walk, making something, drawing, writing, watching cheesy movies, eating chocolate and/or popcorn... ;)
    Just relax, try to find your happy place (yes I said it) and take a day off! Your mojo should be back in no-time :)
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!