October 01, 2012

I'll Miss My Little Red...


What are the odds that after weeks of car shopping for a second car, we would demolish the first on the way to pay for the second? ....Pretty good.
I wouldn't normally post something like this. Like, ever, but today has been such a long day and I have to vent a little.
I've spoken about it on the blog a couple of times now. Ross and I have been on a search for a new car for about two months after the transmission went out on his Jeep. 
Now for a little back story, I've had this car since I was 17. It was purchased on Ebay and I drove to Massachusetts to pick it up. This car has been in my life for quite awhile and as dorky as it is, I've always thought of it as a family member. We have been through so much together. I've been hit by other cars more than once and the little thing just kept on going without any trouble. It even got rear ended on Thanksgiving night when I had to leave it on the side of the road due to a flat tire (and of course, no tow trucks since it was a holiday). But I planned on having this car for a long time. But alas...that won't be happening. Today Ross was rear-ended extremely hard (the skid marks went for an entire block and the trunk is smashed into the backseat). The car is totalled and the irony is that he was on his way with a check to buy our new car. 
And now my poor love is hurting and all drugged up on pain meds and I can't sleep. 
Whew! Ok, venting complete. Now it's time to try and go get some sleep. What a day!


Sleep Tight Tiger by Husky Rescue on Grooveshark

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! The irony! I hope you both are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you, I've had my car since I was 16 and I'll be 24 tomorrow, lol! I still love my Pathfinder :) We have a lot of great memories together and I don't see any reasons to get a new one, it works fine and is already paid off, plus its perfect for all our outdoor adventures ;)

    So sorry you got rear ended! My boyfriend and I have been hit quite a few times as well :( Hope everything works out with your new car and you all feel better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just glad to hear you are both okay! I hope insurance is kind to you.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!