October 05, 2012

Henna-Stained Tights

So I mentioned in the last post that I was doing some experimenting with henna. I've been seeing patterned tights everywhere lately and wanted to see if I could make my own. I bought a henna kit and mixed the henna according to the instructions. I placed a piece of cardboard in the tights to keep them flat. Then I drew a design with the henna the same way I would on my skin. I let it dry for about 4 hours and then just scraped the dry henna off with my fingers. I've washed them once and the design stayed nice and bright. And now I'm itching to get different henna colors and try this on all sorts of fabric! What do you think, would you try this?
xoxo - Jillian

Keep up with us on...

4 comments:

  1. I would totally try this! I might try it on a t-shirt, actually. I love the way it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will this stay after multiple washes? If so, that is so cool!! And I'll totally be trying it.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only washed mine once so far, but I've read a little about it and since it is technically a natural dye, it should stay for plenty of washes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many Ideas for My tights too! I may Just try this with Grey Tghts & Black Crosses for that Rocker fall feel.
    Xo,Pam
    http://fashionlovebypam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!