October 10, 2012

DIY Heart Vignette

Ok, first off, I'll address two things.
1. I can almost hear the cringing from people who are in disbelief that I would defile an old lens in such a way. I know, I know, I already thought about it, but I picked this one up for a couple of bucks at a thrift store, and it didn't fit my Pentax, like I was hoping.
2. Vignettes...yeah, I'm not a big fan of them to be honest. but I think something like this can be really cute and well done.
So, now that those two things are out of the way...
Like I said, I found this lens and once I realized I wouldn't be able to use it on my film camera, I wanted to make sure I put it to use somehow. So I painted the vignette in the shape of a heart and held it up in front of my Nikon lens. I ended up using it when I shot Megan and Wes's wedding and I liked the images I got out of it.
What do you think. Would you try something like this?
xoxo - Jillian

Keep up with us on...

2 comments:

  1. Not sure I woulde do this to my lens but you could probably use a piece of glass or plastic instead and hold it in front of your lens.

    Cute idea though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a cute idea and I'd totally do it. Especially if you can find a decent priced older lens that doesn't fit anything you have. Fun!
    I like the way the photos turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!