September 08, 2012

Jade's Mission

Last month I decided to start donating a portion of any money made on ad space to a different organization each month. It's feels great to do a least a little bit to give back...even if it really is only a little bit. I need to send out a thank you to all my sponsor's this month, because without them, I'd have nothing to pass on to these awesome organizations.

So, I'd like to introduce this month's charity, Jade's Mission.

Jade's Mission is an animal outreach and rescue group. Jade's Mission is a small scale group of dedicated volunteers trying to improve the lives of animals in Kansas City.
Jade's Mission provides neglected animals in the inner city of Kansas City with shelter, food, relief from flies and fleas, straw/hay, light weight tie-out cables (instead of heavy chains), and other necessary supplies. Our goal is to also educate the owners about responsible pet care. Jade's Mission is very small scale but we like to live by the quote: "saving one animal won't change the world but it will change the world for that one animal" - author unknown.  

I'm a huge animal lover. I grew up with goats, geese, cats, dogs, birds, and pretty much any other animal you can think of at some point in my life. My parents have always taken in injured animals and nursed them back to health. We've had some pretty pitiful looking pets in the past, but it taught me that it's important to help those that can't help themselves. And I want to give support to those doing all they can to help animals. 

If you'd like to learn more about Jade's Mission check out these links!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea and such a great cause! so inspiring

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!