September 19, 2012

Harry Potter Incense Burner


Ok, anyone that knows me, knows I'm a HP nerd and probably will be forever. If I ever have kids, I plan to read them these books. I really just love reading in general. Stephen King is one of my favorite authors, but I really just love stories that take you to worlds you could only imagine. It's almost an escape to be able to be a part of those stories. Maybe it's because I watched Never Ending Story as a kid and that idea has always stuck with me. 
I also really love lighting incense or candles while I read. It's relaxing and therapeutic for me. I sit in my "reading nook" in my papasan chair and drown myself in pages. What better way to combine those to rituals than making an incense burner that symbolizes one of my favorite stories?
I have a stock pile of hand-carved wands my step-dad whittled with a pocket knife and branches from trees. They're actually really impressive and a few of them are for sale in my Etsy shop. But there's one I've been wanting to turn into an incense burner, because it is smooth on both sides, so it doesn't roll around. I drilled a hole diagonally in the end and the wood burned the Deathly Hallows symbol on the top.  
I know...I'm a dork. Don't judge.
xoxo - Jillian

2 comments:

  1. This totally looks like the Elder Wand!

    Harry Potter nerds represent!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!