September 07, 2012

Fall Food | Steak and Potato Stew

It's that time of year. Where you can throw a bunch of deliciousness in the slow cooker, go to work, come home and curl up on the couch with some amazing stew. This has been one of my favorites since I was a child. My mom always made it for me on cold nights with corn bread. It's definitely a comfort food for me.
Ingredients you'll need:
Red potatoes (I usually use 2 per person) 
Baby Carrots
Celery
A can of peas or fresh peas
Green beans, canned or fresh
Steak, cut into small chunks
Half an onion
2 tomatoes
2 cans of beef consume
2 cans french onion soup
Cut up all of your veggies and potatoes, throw them in the slow cooker with your beef consume and french onion soup. Use one of your empty cans and put two cans full of water into the crock pot as well. Salt, and pepper to taste. I also use cumin, because I use it in everything (yum!) Let it cook for at least 5 hours, but 7-8 is even better. And then enjoy...and most likely grow a food baby, because if you're like me, you'll eat more than one bowl.
Oh, and for all of you other Crock Pot lovers, I highly recommend using those slow cooker liners. It's sooo much easier to clean up later.
xoxo - Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a little note!