August 01, 2012

Scarf to Poncho Top Tutorial

Ok, this might look like a slightly complicated DIY, but I promise you, it is so very simple. You need to use a large scarf for this to work. Lay your scarf on a flat surface and cut down the middle. Take your two halves and place them next to each other with the fringe sides facing foward. Sew it down the middle, skipping over a hole in the middle for the neck hole. Then, starting in the middle of each side, sew down toward the fringe, creating the arm holes. And you're done! Now, don't get me wrong, I may regret this decision once Fall and Winter roll around and my scarf is gone, but I played around with it in front of a mirror and it looks like I can still use it as a scarf or as my new little poncho, so it's the best of both worlds! Try it out! If you make one, please shoot me a link. I'd love to see how some other people put these together!
xoxo - Jillian

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I just love flowy and super comfortable tops. It looks so soft too.
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. That looks lovely!

    Becky
    xx

    http://www.beckybedbug.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!