August 17, 2012

Lace Painting

I saw something similar to this project on Pinterest, where someone had used lace on a window with that fake snow stuff. It looked super cute and I'm considering doing that to my windows once Winter gets closer. But I loved the idea and wanted to try it for my own home on a canvas. Take a canvas that either you have painted or you could even find one at a thrift store. But this is super easy if you paint yourself, because you really just need to do random colors all over the canvas. Then, after it dries, place your lace over the canvas and tape it to the back to keep it secure. Spray paint the lace with any color of your choice and then remove the lace to let dry. And now you have a pretty art piece to put anywhere in your home! Cute, huh?
xoxo - Jillian
Keep up with us on...

2 comments:

  1. That looks really cool! I love it!!

    http://bel-bien.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen lots of lace-overlay painted objects, but it never dawned on me to try it over an existing piece of art. Such a great effect! I'm definitely going to have to give this a try on some of my canvases that have been laying around waiting for me to be inspired enough to finish paintings that I'm not exactly thrilled with. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!