July 05, 2012

Time Machine

I found this awesome, awesome (did I mention awesome?) dress at H&M recently. They actually didn't have it in my size. They only had 2 size 14's left. Way too big for me, but I didn't care. I bought it anyway and then tailored it to fit. This dress just makes me want to go back in time. The colors, the fit and and pattern all scream late 60's, early 70's to me. Did I do an ok job fixing it up?
I didn't dress it up with much either, since the dress itself is such a statement. I put on a stone necklace from my Etsy shop, a concert pouch (DIY coming soon), some retro sunnies, and some yellow+cork heels from Aldo. 

On another note, I have been just stretched thin to the max lately. I think I have a "messiness line" that if crossed, looking at it makes me so angry, I just want to make it messier. I don't know if that makes sense, but it's how I feel every now and again.
I'm finally back down to a "overworked, but still calm" level, I've definitely spiked to spontaneous sobbing a few times over the last 2 weeks. Luckily, throwing things is hardly, if ever, a level I get to, but I've felt close. But I've started a new painting and started reading a new book, which are usually great escapes for me. Hopefully the combination of those two things will help de-stress me and with time, I'll be less busy and able to focus on things I really want to focus on again (one being this blog). So, just bare with me for awhile while I try to get work life and creative life balanced yet again. Do you guys have any tips for de-stressing?
xoxo - Jillian

1 comment:

  1. Love the vintageness :) Can't wait for the DIY pouch!
    xx

    www.queenoffunkydiy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!