July 15, 2012

Surrounded by Imagination

Outfit details: Tank - H&M, Pants - Forever 21, Clutch - Handmade
Today is an awesome lazy Sunday. Just what I needed! And I'm spending my day editing some wedding reception photos and reading the second book of the Hunger Games (I know, I know, I'm a little late, but better late than never, right?). I finally finished the first book last night and it was beyond satisfying. Not just because the book was good, but because I hadn't read a book in awhile and that's something that used to be a daily ritual for me. I have more books than my little apartment should really hold, but I can't get rid of any of them and I keep buying more. After finally reading again, I've learned these little things like reading or painting are things I have to keep in my daily life for my own sanity. For the longest time, I'd been dedicating every free hour of my day to work. Well, I've realized your work suffers if you don't feed your creativity in other ways, ways that are purely for your enjoyment.

On another note, I need a little advice from fellow photographers out there. I am in need of a new camera bag, but I want a cute one. I just have a plain black Nikon bag right now and it works for utility, but doesn't do much for my eyes. So anyone have suggestions as far as a website goes that has awesome camera bags? Thanks for any suggestions!
xoxo - Jillian

5 comments:

  1. this is such a cute outfit those pants are a dream, you look beautiful! No advice for camera bags unfortunatly..I can only ever find the black ones.

    sweetsweetnightingale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know there are some cute camera bag companies out there and their names are escaping me right now, but I've been coveting this one on Amazon for a looong time! http://www.amazon.com/Cosmos-Vintage-Shoulder-Leather-Panasonic/dp/B005C74QBK
    I totally agree with you about reading. I used to read voraciously and then somehow it became a five-minutes-at-bedtime thing. The last few weeks, I've been making time to actually read, and it's so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with you on taking the time to purposely feed your creativity. it's vital to an artist's soul! :-)

    i'm obsessed with epiphanie bags! they look like adorable purses, but carry loads of equipment! some even carry laptops! http://www.haveanepiphanie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with you on taking the time to purposely feed your creativity. it's vital to an artist's soul! :-)

    i'm obsessed with epiphanie bags! they look like adorable purses, but carry loads of equipment! some even carry laptops! http://www.haveanepiphanie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo Totes, they are specific camera bags in different shapes and sizes. I got mine for my birthday, the torquiest one is good for one camera and two lenses, if you want anything different you have to anty up more dough.

    Here's the website:http://www.jototes.com/

    Erika
    http://shutterbugg553.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!