July 07, 2012

Leather Concert Pouch

Here's the concert pouch DIY, I promised! I decided I wanted to make one of these a few weeks ago. I hate carrying around a purse if I know I'm going to a show where all I really need is my ID, some cash and maybe a slim camera. It's so much easier than lugging around your makeup, brush, wallet, whatever else you have in your bag (which, I usually have far more than I need). We went to see Young the Giant last night and later this month we'll go see The Avett Brothers (Squee!), and this little guy is perfect for transporting only what I need. All you need to make your own, is a couple of pieces of leather, needle + thread, some fringe, a leather strip for the handle, and any little accessory you want to throw on yours. Make sure and measure around your ID so you know it will be big enough. Before you sew the two together, cut your fringe to size and sew it onto the one piece of leather. Then, place your leather strip between the two pieces before you sew them together so that it stays in place to create the handle. Then I just glued a little turquoise bead on the front and I was all done! Ready for some concerts!
xoxo - Jillian


Keep up with us on...

2 comments:

  1. This is a great DIY! I just bought a ton of extra leather! I can't wait to make one!
    -Miranda
    Http://paperthoughtsfabricdreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the third time I've been to your site. Thank you for explaining more details.
    Here is my site ... Chesterfield Wing Back Chair

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!