July 01, 2012

Flowers and Feathers


Oufit: Wallet - Charming Charlie, Boots - Aldo, Shorts - F21, Tank - Urban Outfitters, Necklace - Waterloo of Austin

Oh my goodness. This weekend has been exactly what I needed after this past week. As you might know, my day job is as a graphic designer. The company I work for recently merged with another company and this past week was crunch time, getting everything moved to our new location. I was literally on the verge of tears a few times, but we did our best and hopefully the next few weeks won't be quite as stressful (although, they definitely won't be easy, so wish me luck!). 

I'd been talking about wanting to go see Moonrise Kingdom for weeks now and after coming home exhausted and grumpy all week, my sweet, sweet husband took me out for sushi and told me he was taking me to see it! We went to the Dine-In theater last night, which was really cool; I'd never been before. And the two words I would use to describe the movie would be badass and adorable. And it may sound silly, but I think it was the perfect movie to put things back into perspective for me. We drove home with the windows down, and there was a lightning storm developing in the distance. There were fireworks going off around the city and I just smiled. That drive home made up for all the stress of the week, and I felt like a child again.
xoxo - Jillian

2 comments:

  1. Like the eagle ring and boots, very Western Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those sunglasses! And that wallet is so adorable! Great outfit :)

    -Jessica (Sew In Love)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!