July 28, 2012

Feather Collar

 Here's what you need: An old cardigan, feathers of your choice, scissors, needle and thread, and a little fabric glue.
 Take the cardigan and cut off the collar. Use your needle and thread to sew the feathers onto the collar. Fold the remaining collar fabric over the feathers and secure with your fabric glue. I put a little tooth bead on the front where the button was to add a little extra decoration.
This isn't a fashion statement I've seen a lot in Kansas City, (we're not always willing to push the limits around here) but I did see them in a few stores while I was in Austin and I've seen them on Pinterest as well. When I first saw them I knew I wanted to make one, but I asked myself when would I ever wear it. Well, actually, it's a pretty fun accessory!
Thanks to my beautiful friend, Taylor for modeling this collar for me!
xoxo - Jillian

1 comment:

  1. How imaginative! This is such a great idea!

    Becky
    xx

    http://www.beckybedbug.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!