June 04, 2012

Tie Hanger | DIY

So now that Ross has to dress up more for his job, his tie collection is slowly growing. He had them hanging on regular hangers, which does not work well at all. Every time he would try to get a tie out, all the rest of them would slide off. So I decided to make something a little more stable and organized. And it was so easy. Get a thin block of wood, some screw-in hooks and a screw in hanger hook. Now the hanger hook might sound like something that is hard to find, and it might be, but if you've ever bought something from Wal-Mart, Target, or any other place that gives you the hangers you buy your clothes on, these hangers are made with a loose hanger hook. You can break the hanger apart and steal the hook out! I painted my block of wood with chalkboard paint and then screwed all the hooks in. And that's pretty much the end of it! 

3 comments:

  1. That is such a cute idea!!

    ~CC
    www.thattallgirl2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea! I might do this for my boyfriend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a pretty good DIY!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!