June 12, 2012

Sun Hat Makeover

So I've been dying to buy myself a sun hat for summer, and I finally got one. But...it was a little plain and I remembered a cute inspiration post on Kinsey's blog with a hat makeover and I immediately went to my craft room to see what I could use to spice up this cute hat.


If you missed it, you can check out the Sunday Funday outfit I wore this hat for here. 
I got some left over leather and a couple of wheat stems and some hot glue. You don't need much to dress up a hat. Find a few things you already have, like feathers, ribbon, whatever! Or you can run by a dollar store and grab some cute flowers. Just get creative! There's so many ways you could dress up a hat. 
xoxo - Jillian


5 comments:

  1. beautiful blog, so happy i found it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, love this! i need to get my hat up to snuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so great! love the cute diy leaves!

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the wheat, it's so original! you've got me all inspired to find unconventional crafty materials now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks awesome! This is a great DIY (: Thanks for sharing.

    http://www.menacherieblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!