June 25, 2012

Stone Necklace | DIY


I'm back from Austin, a little sun-burned, a little tired, but I had a blast. I plan on showing off some of the photos from my trip in the next few days or so, but until then, I thought I'd share a little DIY!

Supplies you'll need: A stone, sturdy thread, a chain, a feather, some fringe, a hot glue gun, scissors, and polyurethane (optional).
So I found some pretty rocks at the river one our canoe trip. I don't know why, but ever since I was a kid, my mother and I both pick out a few rocks we like at the end of each trip to take home with us. This last trip was no exception. I found several, and I hope to make more of these necklaces. I used polyurethane to  make the stone look glossy. After letting it dry overnight, I wrapped my stone in this white thread, keeping the chain inside the thread to hold the rock onto the chain. I then glued a feather and some fringe to the back and it's easy as that! For as simply made as this necklace is, it's one of my favorites I've made in awhile. I think maybe it's because the stone came from a special place to me. 
xoxo - Jillian

3 comments:

  1. That's such a beautiful necklace! I am definitely trying this DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is amazing, such a cool concept and great looking necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful and creative! I really love it!

    http://vintagelillies.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!