June 16, 2012

My True Home

Last weekend we took a 15 mile canoe trip on the North Fork river. The weather was perfect, the water was high enough to just let the current take us and we found a waterfall. I've been taking at least one canoe trip (usually more than one) every Summer since I was a little kid. It's probably one of my favorite things to do in the Summer. As soon as the weather starts to get warm, I'm just itching to get in a canoe! 
On another note, it might be a little quiet around here next week. I've got vacation coming up and I'll be flying to Austin to see one of my very best friends and I am so, so excited! Any Austinites have suggestions on things I have to do while I'm there?
xoxo - Jillian

2 comments:

  1. ooh! go to the museum of the weird and make sure to pay to go watch the show in the back. it is AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! I would definitely be up for that kind of trip. I bet your arms were super sore the next day! I hope you have a good time in Austin. Check out this Austin Vintage Guide. There are so many great stores to visit. I just went to Blue Velvet yesterday and they have amazing finds there. S Congress has a nice cluster of boutique, antique stores and restaurants. Be sure to check out the Hotel San Jose. It's gorgeous.
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!