May 21, 2012

Make a Cute Bustier Top Out of Old Strapless Bra

 I've been seeing some pretty cute bustier's at stores. I didn't think I would end up liking them as much as I did. I'm still not a huge fan of the bedazzled and rhinestoned ones, but I've seen some lovely ones made with lace and satin. Here's one I made with a little fabric, needle + thread.
 Now, it really depends on your chest size determining how much fabric you need to cover the bra and made the bottom part of the top. I would suggest doing a few measurements first and then getting a little more fabric than that. Make sure that you keep the thread a little loose on the back part of the bra to make sure the thread won't be pulled too hard when you put it on. Once you sew on the fabric over the bra, sew a rectangular onto the inside. After that I sewed on bow I cut out from another color fabric.
Lastly, I sewed some ruffle to the top with the same fabric. I haven't had a chance to wear it yet, since I was camping all weekend, but maybe over Memorial Day weekend! I'll post it up after I get to wear it. Have fun making your new top! xoxo - Jillian

6 comments:

  1. This is brilliant!
    http://nauticalowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome idea!!

    http://kelseyelizabetha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative!
    http://cookiescoffeecouture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cool! i love the fabrics you chose :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I like this!!! I kinda wanna try it out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!