May 07, 2012

A Few Snapshots From the KCAI End of Year Show

The Kansas City Art Institute was a place I called home for 2 years, after spending my first two years of my Fine Arts major at Missouri State University. I had a love/ hate relationship with it, because the place made me more creative and open to new art forms than I'd ever been, but it was also a lot (I mean, a lot) of hard work. You wouldn't think making art all day long would be that difficult or stressful, and for the most part, it wasn't, but you did have to push yourself to think about new things, consider new perspectives and just constantly make. I don't think I'd have this blog now, if it wasn't for the constant "making" that was required to be there. Now, I can't go more than 2 days without making something (anything!), without feeling anxious and antsy. 
So it was nice to go back, see some old friends and teachers, and check out some awesome art work. I actually looked at a lot more than what is pictured. To be completely honest, I got so distracted looking at everything, that I forgot to take photos of most of it! But here are a few I did get. 
Thanks for letting me share and have an amazing day! xoxo - Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a little note!