May 17, 2012

A Few of My Beauty Tips

 Find yourself an anti-aging eye cream you love. I try to use ones with as few chemicals as possible, which is another reason why I don't use makeup removers, because they often have a lot of chemical in them that are harsh on my skin. Instead of wiping my face clean before a shower, I wash my face in the shower. I usually get out looking like I have raccoon eyes, but that's ok, because then I dab a little eye cream around my eyes, rub it in gently and then wipe away. Not only does the cream help with anti-aging, and getting rid of dark circles, but it removes your makeup without using a bunch of chemicals.
 I discovered this when I was still in high school and I've been doing it ever since. Leave in conditioners are great for your skin as long as you rinse them off. Using a conditioner to shave will reduce pulling on hairs, but your legs will also be crazy smooth afterward. 
 Everyone is well aware now that protecting your skin from the sun is extremely important, not only for obvious reasons like skin cancer, but also it helps prevent aging. I have lots of lotions with SPF in them, but for any of the ones I don't, I put some sunscreen in them to insure I have sun protection in all of them.
 SU cream by Davines is a great product. If you go out on a long float trip or all-day outdoor festivity, put this stuff on after you get home and it works wonders. But I've also gotten into the habit of putting some on my tattoos before going out in the sun for long periods. Sun exposure fades tattoos tremendously and putting a little something extra on them will help keep those colors bright for years.
 About every 6 months or so I do an olive oil treatment on my hair. It keeps my scalp free of any dandruff and adds shininess to my hair. All you have to do is put a palmful of oil in wet hair and leave it in for 5-10 minutes and then rinse out. Wash and condition your hair as usual. This helps me keep my lustrous hair lustrous!
Find yourself an anti-frizz serum for the summer if you live in humid climates. Kansas City gets pretty darn humid in the Spring and Summer months and that can wreak havoc on your hair. I use O&M's Frizzy Logic and I love it. I haven't had any frizz problems yet and I don't expect to!

What kind of beauty secrets do you have? Any products you use in different ways than they are intended?

P.S. Most likely, I won't have any new posts up over the weekend. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a weekend camping and hiking trip in the wilderness of Arkansas. I'm super excited for awesome adventure with one of my best friends!
xoxo - Jillian

2 comments:

  1. I use conditioner as shaving cream as well! I find that it really moisturizes a lot better than the actual shaving creams do. Plus, I tend to get a closer shave. Great post!
    http://nauticalowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try the conditioner as shaving cream! I usually use olive oil as my make up remover; I suppose I'm at that age where I should start considering anti-aging creams :X love this post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!