April 13, 2012

Tattoo Love | Jenni


"My name is Jenni. I'm a German museologist recently relocated to Berlin after 20 years of being an Expat in Scotland. As well as writing about museums a lot, I write about daily life and adjusting back to life in Germany after such a long time on my blog The Ex Expat. I have a tattoo on my back which is the Japanese symbol for love, 'Ai'. I know these kinds of tattoos are quite fashionable, but I chose mine for a deeper meaning. My husband and I met in Japanese night class, and in fact, I had my tattoo done as a surprise while he was subsequently away working in Tokyo for a year. Since he can read some Japanese, he knew right away what it meant when he saw it, no need to "oh, this is the symbol for..." explanations ;-) The tattoo was done by Barry at Tribal Body Art in Edinburgh, Scotland."
What a beautiful story! So romantic and sweet. I wish the two of them years upon years of happiness! Thanks so much for sending this in, Jenni!
Oh, and be sure to check out Jenni's blog here!
If you'd like your tattoo featured on the blog, be sure to contact me at epicthreadkc@yahoo.com

And don't forget to check out the contest going on through April 16th!


1 comment:

Thanks for leaving me a little note!