March 27, 2012

Patterned Denim | DIY






You can probably tell exactly how this one is done just from the photos. It's a super easy one. Tape off a spot on your jeans you'd like to pattern, use a paint brush to bleach the area you taped off. It took me about 3 coats of bleach to make sure it was white. Let it dry through over night and then paint on your pattern with black paint. I just used acrylic. I've learned through experience that acrylic paint doesn't come out of jeans in the wash no matter how hard you try! (I get paint on everything.) Since it's getting all warm and lovely outside, you could do this to a pair of shorts instead!  

Want to add more creativity to your day? Like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest!

5 comments:

  1. Oooooh! I love that idea! I want to do the knees of my jeans! Thanks for sharing!
    -Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady, you are so very talented! Love this idea. I wonder if I could bleach unfinished wood to make some designs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! It would be so cute over a back pocket of a pair of shorts for summer. Yay!

    xo. -brittany
    http://liveeclectic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. very creative. I need to find an old pair of jeans to do this to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you come up with this stuff? I love it! I wish I was that creative.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!