February 27, 2012

Paper Towel Curls | How-To

I have long, super straight hair. It also doesn't have a lot of volume on its own, so I have to help it out a little. If I try to curl my hair with a curling iron, it's usually flat by the end of the day (unless I use a can of hairspray). So for my hair to stay curly all day day, I usually have to sleep in curlers. I hate those foam curlers, because if I try to sleep in them, my head kills me. So this is a great solution for both problems!

I let my hair air dry until it is about 90% dry and then spray it with sea salt. It helps create volume and keep a natural hold throughout the next day. Then I cut my paper towel into strips about an inch and a half wide.



Take your paper towel strips, roll your hair up and gently tie it into a knot. Then sleep, wake up and look beautiful!! If you have hair like mine, this works great. Try it out, it's so easy!
xoxo - Jillian

Want more inspiration in your day? Like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest!

8 comments:

  1. This is just too cute! Your curls are so defined and lovely! But I guess this won't work on my shorter hair. I will definitely try it though! :) thank you for sharing!
    xx,
    Lilah
    http://lilycupcake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this reminds me so much of when I was a little girl. My mom used to do this with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun idea.

    I just discovered your blog, and I must say, I'm really excited. I especially love the peach color obsession post a few posts back. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the hair....great idea :)


    kiss kiss*bang bang

    http://donttellmewhattoweariwontlisten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome tutorial!! I can't curl my hair with tongs because it's very, very bleached!! But I really want curls, so this should help do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this idea, so I shared it on my blog, too. Hope you enjoy!

    http://plainjanemadlibby.blogspot.com/2012/07/few-of-my-favorite-things.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fantastic. Better than when I tried to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if this would work for naturally curly, frizzy and very thick hair.... Going to find out tonight!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!