February 19, 2012

Fixing up old white shoes

Have a pair of old white heels that you love, but are just a little too beat up to still wear? Solution!
This is what they looked like before. They were scuffed and stained just not fit for a cute outfit anymore. But then I found...
I remembered they had this at the home improvement store for about $8.00. They also have other variations of glitter paint at the craft store or you could even make your own glitter paint easily.
Paint them up and you have a new pair of shoes! 
I have to be honest. Ever since I was little all I have wanted was a pair of ruby red slippers like in The Wizard of Oz. I asked for them every year for Christmas and I never got them. They don't really make them for adults unless you get those cheesy ones from a costume shop. So I'm pretty excited about these. Hopefully, I'll have plenty of opportunities to wear them!

To add even more creativity to your day, make sure and follow us on Facebook and Pinterest!

5 comments:

  1. I never thought of painting old shoes! I am loving your blog girlie!
    -Miranda @ http://paperthoughtsfabricdreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you're a genius! I think I should try this, thanks to you! :D

    CROP.CRIP.CROP

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree there is no way to get a good pair of ruby slippers anywhere, except if they are too childish and costume looking, which is not fine by me or anyone else i guess, i'll definetely try this out, thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally inspired to try this with some of my old shoes! Great colour choice :) red is my fav!

    ~Britta
    www.vancouvervogue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a little note!