January 17, 2012

DIY | Scrapbook Paper Coasters

Here's a quick and easy project if you're in need of some coasters with personality!
I bought a pack of two glass coasters at the craft store for less than $3.00. I already had a desk full of scrapbook paper and Mod Podge. And that's all you need!
First draw a circle around the coaster. Draw your circle as close to the coaster as possible to try to make an accurate size.
Cut out your circle, making sure to cut on the inside of the line you drew, rather than the outside.
Paint Mod Podge onto the coaster, place your paper, flatten out and then paint the top as well. Wait about 5-10 minutes between coats. Apply at least 3 coats to make sure paper is sealed and it creates a glossy surface.
Later on, I'll show you how to make one of these cute sock monkey wine covers! 

I'm going to try to keep up with my normal pace with posts in the next week, but I am working on a traditional Native American Headdress and it is quite a task! If posts are a little more sparse than normal, I apologize, but hopefully the end result will be worth it! As always, thanks for reading and for your support. It means the world to me!
xoxo - Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a little note!